DI MATTEO: CESAR OFFERS OPTIONS

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 26/8/2012, 19:56

Cesar Azpilicueta completed his first Chelsea training session at Cobham on Friday, with our photographer there to capture the action.

In a low-key start, sandwiched between two fixtures, the group enjoyed a keep-ball game before the players who did not start against Reading, including Azpilicueta, took part in a six-a-side match before a stretch to finish.

After the session Roberto Di Matteo was asked about the Spaniard, who arrives after representing his country alongside Juan Mata and Oriol Romeu in this summer's Olympic Games.

'He is a young player from Marseille, who has come through all the ranks with the youth level of the Spanish team, and he will give us cover at the right-back position with Paulo Ferreira and Branislav Ivanovic,' the manager said. 'It gives us more options for the future and competition. We will see who is going to be playing.'

Mata also took time to introduce the Osasuna academy graduate.

'I used to play with him before the Olympics as well as at the Under 21s and earlier,' said Mata. 'He is a strong running right-back who has pace as well, so I think he is already a complete player.

'I played against him when he used to play for Osasuna, and he was one of their best players, which is how he is now here with Chelsea.

'He is such a nice guy, a young player who is very clever on and off the pitch, so he will be very good here.'

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 26/8/2012, 19:56   7 views