Terry focused on football

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 28/7/2012, 22:46

John Terry has claimed he is delighted to be able to concentrate on playing for Chelsea after putting his difficult summer behind him.

Terry suffered quarter-final disappointment with England at Euro 2012 before dealing with a court case that saw him acquitted of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.

But the Chelsea captain was back in action for the Blues on Wednesday - scoring in a 3-2 defeat to the MLS All Stars in Pennsylvania.

And while the 31-year-old could still face an FA charge over the Ferdinand incident, Terry is now focusing on the new season.

"I'm delighted to get back to football - concentrate on what I love doing," said Terry.

"I'm very pleased to be here with the side and concentrating on getting fit first and foremost - and cracking away early on in the season."

Commitment
It promises to be an exciting one for the Stamford Bridge outfit after spending big in the summer to bring in Eden Hazard, Marko Marin and Oscar.

And Terry welcomes the commitment to investing in the club that owner Roman Abramovich has shown following their UEFA Champions League triumph in May.

Terry told the Guardian: "He's down at the training ground, he's around the hotel, he wants to know what's going on, what kind of training we are doing.

"It is really refreshing to see and I think it's good for the new players to see that.

"You have to [spend]. There is so much money out there. Even after winning the Champions League it is so important that we keep competing. And thankfully we have got an owner who is very much prepared to do that."

Sky Sports

0 replies since 28/7/2012, 22:46   25 views