Rooney's head start

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 21/6/2012, 15:45

England goalscorer Wayne Rooney has revealed the secret behind his glorious headed matchwinner against Ukraine was Andy Carroll’s hair spray.

The Manchester United marksman returned to the England team in magnificent fashion, heading in the game's only goal to ensure the Three Lions topped their group and will now face Italy in the quarter final on Sunday.

Rooney said of his pre-match beauty ritual: “I used a bit of Andy’s hair product before the game and hopefully now I will end up with hair like him.

“I'm delighted with the win and to score, I haven’t scored in a major tournament in a while and it was great to get the goal which effectively won us the game.

“I think we know our qualities and what we can do. We have got together and worked really hard.

“I thought the whole team was fantastic tonight, we stuck in at times against a difficult crowd and I think we deserved to win and I thought our fans were brilliant.

“We are difficult to beat and teams won’t want to face us because we are hard to break down and we are dangerous on the attack."

In typically defiant fashion for the Manchester United man, Rooney does not fear Italy or any other team left in the competition and any doubts people have about Roy Hodgson’s side are clearly not effecting them.

“It doesn’t matter who we play, the main thing was to get through the group,” Rooney added.

“Any game will be difficult, but we have to be confident in our own ability and then it doesn’t matter if people think we will do well.”

The FA

0 replies since 21/6/2012, 15:45   6 views