'We'll be ready'

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 13/6/2012, 22:28

England’s Theo Walcott says the Three Lions must now focus on picking up three points from their next two games, after making an encouraging start against France on Monday evening.

The Arsenal forward came on as a late substitute in Donetsk, as England picked up a point in the 1-1 draw to make what Walcott describes as ‘a solid start’.

Now, preparations are in place for Friday’s clash with Sweden in Kiev and Walcott is hoping for more goals.

“I am excited for Friday night,” he said

“The game the other day was always going to be tough. A draw was a good start, but you can always improve.

“We have to score more goals because we don’t concede many. We are training very hard and the Manager and staff have been great with all the preparation. We just have to make sure we do it for the fans on Friday and get the win.

“It is a solid start. Ukraine will be tough when we come to that game as well. We just have to think we need to win the next two games and don’t worry about anyone else, but we will make sure we are ready.”

Walcott also revealed the squad are feeling fully settled in at their base in Krakow after being there for a week now. With the facilities inside the Hotel Stary more than catering for the players’ needs, the spirit in camp has been good.

“The lads are in the game room after lunch and dinner playing table tennis, FIFA, snooker - it’s all happening,” he added.

“I am not bad on FIFA but I have gone to the table tennis, I am jumping from one and two seed.

“It is quite important for the team to be together before the matches to prepare well. It is trying to make it as normal as possible like it as club level. It is working and it is going quite well.

“A lot of people seem to forget what goes on in the background. Everything is done for us here, we are well treated, people will never see that. We have to thank them as well. They are all great. I don’t want to leave anyone out but everyone here is fantastic.”

The FA

0 replies since 13/6/2012, 22:28   6 views