Terry offers red apology

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 30/4/2012, 17:27

John Terry has apologised to the Chelsea supporters, his team-mates and the club's coaching staff for his reckless red card against Barcelona.

The Blues skipper was dismissed during the second leg of a crucial UEFA Champions League semi-final on Tuesday.

In the end, Chelsea put in a heroic display at Camp Nou to earn a 2-2 draw and a 3-2 aggregate success.

They will, however, face German giants Bayern Munich in the final of Europe's premier club competition without their talismanic captain.

Sky Bet Odds
Chelsea are 4/1 to beat Bayern Munich on home soil when they meet in the Champions League Final 19th May. Bet now!
Terry has used his programme notes for Sunday's Premier League clash with Queens Park Rangers to express his regret at putting the Blues in an uncomfortable position on what turned out to be a memorable night in Catalunya.

He wrote, ahead of a game which can be seen live on Sky Sports 1 HD: "I want to start my notes today by saying how sorry I am for getting sent off at the Camp Nou and for putting the players, the manager and the club in that situation so early on in such an important game.

Sorry

"I apologised to Robbie, the players and the staff after the game. I'm big enough to come out and man up when I make a mistake and, clearly, I made a mistake on Tuesday.

"I'm sorry for that and I owe it to you, the fans, to come out and say so.

"After that, for the boys to go and get the result they did, in the manner they did, was honestly one of the best things I have seen since I have been at Chelsea.

"It was not just the result, but the way they played.

"Just when it looked like everything was going wrong, for the 10 players on the pitch to stand up to one of the best teams ever to play the game, in their own stadium, was incredible.

"I was really proud to see the lads get through, because this football club and this group of players deserve the opportunity in the Champions League final."

Sky Sports

0 replies since 30/4/2012, 17:27   24 views