Lamps 'gutted' for Terry

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 26/4/2012, 21:02

Frank Lampard is 'gutted' Chelsea captain John Terry will miss the UEFA Champions League final, stating he does not feel there was any malice in his challenge on Alexis Sanchez.

Eight minutes before half-time, the England international inexplicably raised his knee into Sanchez's back, forcing match referee Cuneyt Cakir to issue a red card.

Terry's dismissal means he will sit out the final at the Allianz Arena, while Roberto Di Matteo's side will tackle either Real Madrid or hometown club Bayern Munich.

Lampard knows Terry better than most and does not believe there was any malice in his challenge, stating the experienced defender will have wanted to be involved more than anything.

Gutted
"I'm gutted for him because everyone knows how much Chelsea is in his heart," explained Lampard.

"On TV, it looks a bit worse than what it was. I don't think there's any real malice in it.

"I know John more than anything will want to be involved in that final.

"So, if we win it - or whatever happens on the day - John will be right there with us all, and he'll be celebrating if we win it."

Trio
Ramires, Branislav Ivanovic and Raul Meireles will also be missing for the big night in Munich and Lampard is sorry for the trio.

"You've got to feel for all of them and they're massive players that we'll miss," he continued.

"I don't know what to say, really. That's horrible for them individually. We have to fill those holes when the game comes around.

"Whether we win or lose, those players who miss the final take complete credit for being involved anyway."

Sky Sports

0 replies since 26/4/2012, 21:02   24 views