BIRMINGHAM - (18/02/12) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 21/4/2012, 23:33

TAKING ONE GAME AT A TIME IS IMPORTANT ON THE WAY TO GLORY

The FA Cup is a competition we have got great history in and it is the oldest cup in football. Every year, we enter this tournament to win it - and this year is no different. However, we can only think about the game in front of us right now and making sure we return to winning ways against a Birmingham team who are in good form.

It will be good to see Colin Calderwood, who is assistant manager at Birmingham now. He played centre-back alongside me when I was on loan at Nottingham Forest and he was really good with me. Colin made me feel at home and helped me a lot as a young professional.

Birmingham are going really well in the Championship at the moment and will come into this game with confidence. However, it is up to us to show why we have been so successful in the competition. We want to end this season strongly and that means starting to win games consistently, as soon as possible.

I've been struggling with my knee recently but, hopefully, I will be back in some capacity today or, if not, at Napoli on Tuesday. With Arsenal in a position that is looking hard for them to turn around, we could end up being the only English team left in the Champions League and it is really important for us to make a good start to the tie.

Congratulations to Adi Viveash and the youth team for their win against West Ham in the FA Youth Cup fifth round on Wednesday night. They came back from going 3-2 down in stoppage time to force extra time before winning it on penalties.

It's the second round in a row that they've won on penalties; the boys were ecstatic afterwards. They have got Nottingham Forest away in the quarter-finals now and we wish them the best of the luck because all the players and staff in the Academy do a lot of hard work to make sure our youngsters develop the right way, playing high-quality football.

Now we have to make sure the senior team progress from the fifth round of the FA Cup and that we put in the kind of performance we should be producing and that the supporters deserve. Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 21/4/2012, 23:33   7 views