UNITED - (5/02/12) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 5/2/2012, 17:26

THIS IS ALWAYS AN IMMENSE GAME AND WE WANT THE POINTS

Since my last notes, we have drawn two consecutive away games in the league, against Norwich and Swansea. We realise they are tough matches because both teams have come up and done well, as they showed when they came to the Bridge earlier in the season. But, for us to be title contenders, they are the kind of games we must win. Now, we must win this afternoon.

We have not been getting the results we need of late and the reality is, at the moment, we are not fighting for the title; we are in fourth place. So, first of all, it's a must for us to cement our place in the top four by winning games, pulling away from the teams in fifth and sixth and look at catching Spurs.

If we don't set that target, we could end up playing Europa League next season, which we don't want and the supporters don't want. That is no disrespect to the competition, but we have been fortunate enough to experience the Champions League every season for some time now and we owe it to our supporters, to ourselves and everyone involved at the club to make qualification a must - that is our minimum target.

In January, we welcomed Gary Cahill to the club. He has been here a few weeks now and fitted in really well. He did a great initiation song and dance as well - all I'll say is "Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle!"

The players want to thank the supporters, home and away. When there are supporters travelling to Swansea on a Tuesday night and not getting back until 5 or 6am, with work the next day, it means the world to us. We realise it's not a one-way thing and we must start performing and getting results for our fans.

Secondly, I want to thank the fans for their support at QPR - you were immense - and we now have a good home draw against Birmingham in the fifth round.

Today, we're concentrating on the league, though. Ourselves and Man United have been the most successful teams in this country over the past few years and we are always determined to come out on top when we meet. Let's go out there, get three points and build from here.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 5/2/2012, 17:26   14 views