SUNDERLAND - (14/01/12) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 28/1/2012, 14:57

WE CAN GATHER MOMENTUM AS OTHERS START TO DROP POINTS

After winning away at Wolves and then beating Portsmouth 4-0 in the FA Cup here, we now have a chance to build some momentum, which we can do with a run of results. All the teams around us have shown they will drop points at some time in the season. We have also seen unexpected results, both home and away, for teams challenging at the top in recent weeks.

With that in mind, it's crucial that we start to win games consistently and put pressure on the teams above us. Sunderland will arrive here in high spirits, with Martin O'Neill having come in as manager and started off really well. So we have to quickly take control of the game, make sure we don't let them get a foothold and show why we can still challenge for this league.

In both our last two games we have scored late goals - one to win at Molineux and three between the 85th minute and full-time against Portsmouth last Sunday. It shows the determination we have here, the mentality is to keep going right to the end and we need you to be patient with us at times. That will to win can push us on in the second half of the season, as we fight to close the gap above us and continue our runs in the FA Cup and Champions League.

On Wednesday, the youth team stayed strong to win on penalties away from home in the FA Youth Cup game at Norwich. They are in the fifth round now and will play West Ham at Staines Town's ground. As I mentioned last week, everyone involved in the Academy here takes a lot of pride in the work they do and it's great to see them progressing in the Youth Cup.

Let's keep that positive momentum going for the club with another good victory this afternoon. Finally, I have to mention that me and Ash played 12 holes of golf with Ross and Big Pete in the week and we are still undefeated!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 28/1/2012, 14:57   15 views