VILLA - (31/12/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 28/1/2012, 14:55

TURNING DRAWS INTO WINS TO CHALLENGE FOR SILVERWARE

We have played three games in a short space of time, two of them being London derbies. If we are going to remain title contenders, then we have to beat the likes of Wigan away and Fulham at home and the same goes for today's game.

Aston Villa are having a bad run of form at the moment and we must capitalise on that today to get the win we need. We are aware that we have been drawing too many games recently, matches that we will look back on in terms of chances and feel we should have won. That's what we have to change and we are all focused and determined to put it right, believe me.

I want to wish the supporters and everyone involved with the club a Happy New Year - let's hope it's a good one for Chelsea. We were all disappointed not to win anything this year and no one wants to end this season empty-handed because we expect to be challenging for silverware come May.

We have a brilliant set-up here, with great personnel and an owner who always backs us, both on and off the pitch. We need to do better and we are confident we will do. Our first target now has to be to catch and overtake Spurs - which it hurts me even to say - then we can focus on getting ourselves back into the title race.

Now, it's really important that we end the year by picking up three points today and go into 2012 with the intention of putting ourselves back in the thick of the title race. After this we go to Wolves to keep this busy run of games going. We want to pick up six points to put the run of draws behind us and build some positive momentum before the league fixtures are broken up by the start of the FA Cup for us.

Thanks for your support throughout 2011.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 28/1/2012, 14:55   8 views