FULHAM - (26/12/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 28/1/2012, 14:53

THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT WE CAN GIVE IS A WIN TODAY

Merry Christmas and welcome back to the Bridge for another London derby. I hope you all had a great day yesterday and are ready to get behind us today.

After Wednesday's statement from the Crown Prosecution Service, I immediately announced that I will fight to clear my name and to prove my innocence of the charges against me and this is exactly what I intend to do. But, today, I am focused solely on football and helping Chelsea to win this match.

I am writing these notes before our game against Spurs at White Hart Lane because of the busy Christmas fixture schedule and I'm aware that the result of that game will have an impact on our position going into today's match. However, no matter what the outcome on Thursday night, one thing is certain - this is a game everyone on the pitch and in the stands will be desperate to win.

Everyone wants to beat their local rivals and whenever Fulham come to Stamford Bridge we look to make sure they go away with nothing. There have been plenty of games between these two teams in the festive period over the years and, hopefully, this will be another memorable one for the Chelsea supporters.

We were all disappointed to concede a late goal against Wigan last week. It was obviously hard to take when we were so close to taking three points again, but we have to keep at it, remember that we are still pushing hard to pressurise the leaders and try to pick up six points from these two games ahead of the New Year.

Last Saturday, we received some incredibly sad news. Chelsea's coach driver for five years, Brian Blaney, passed away after a battle with cancer. He was a wonderful man and a familiar face to everyone involved with the matchday team between 2005 and 2010 and he will be missed. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.

Thanks to all the fans who came to the open training session we did here in the week leading up to Christmas and also to all the youngsters at the Bridge Kids Party that day. After the Man City game, our supporters were unbelievable - one of the best and loudest atmospheres the lads have experienced. Let's start off like that today.

I also want to say thanks for all the support you have given me. I am an ordinary boy from Essex doing the most incredible job, but strip everything away from me and I am blue the whole way through.

From all the players, we wish you all the best for the festive period and look forward to seeing you here on New Year's Eve for the Villa game.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 28/1/2012, 14:53   13 views