MAN CITY - (12/12/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 12/12/2011, 21:05

WE CAN CLOSE THE GAP AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE TONIGHT

We can take a big step forward with a win tonight. Manchester City are top of the league right now, so they are the team we are chasing - a result here could make a big difference to the way the table looks.

Last Tuesday, we really showed our character to win and win well against Valencia. We have qualified from the group stage every time we have entered the Champions League and we were delighted to see that we had finished top when the other result came through.

Now, we're concentrating on the Premier League. It's not often we play a league match on a week night, but we have to take advantage of the occasionand create a brilliant atmosphere. Your support was great last week and, with the early goal as well, we really got a grip of the game early on and didn't let go.

We want to do the same here tonight. We have had three good wins in the last four games now - and that is just the start, as far as we are concerned. The mentality here is that we want to assert ourselves in the league now and that means going out and getting the right result in games like this.

Before I sign off, I want to mention Sam Hutchinson, who has signed a new contract with Chelsea. He has had some really difficult times over the past few years with injuries that forced him to retire from the game. However, he has been able to manage himself well and get back to playing football, so we are all delighted for him.

Finally, as I won't be writing my next captain's notes until our game against Fulham on Boxing Day, I would like to wish a Merry Christmas to all our supporters, as well as all the staff at Stamford Bridge and Cobham. Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 12/12/2011, 21:05   17 views