LIVERPOOL - (29/11/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 12/12/2011, 21:01

NOW LET'S BUILD MOMENTUM TO CHALLENGE ON ALL FRONTS

I want to begin my notes tonight by paying tribute to Gary Speed, who we lost over the weekend. Gary was both a great player and a great man and I am still so shocked by the devastating news. All of us here at Chelsea send our condolences to his family and friends at this very sad time.

On Saturday, the win and the performance we put in against Wolves provided the exact response that we wanted and needed following recent results. I thought we started the game much better, getting at them right from the start, and I was delighted to get us going with my fourth goal of the season.

So, we picked up three points in the league and now we have a chance to put ourselves in the semi-finals of the Carling Cup tonight with a match against Liverpool. They had a game against Manchester City late on Sunday and will have obviously put everything into that.

But, regardless of the team they put out, we need to make sure we start well again tonight. Well done to Ori on his first Premier League start for us on Saturday. I thought he played really well in front of the defence. He showed a lot of maturity and he is clearly a great prospect for us.

There is a big month ahead in terms of fixtures in all competitions and we have three huge home games now. We start with Liverpool here tonight, then, after we go to Newcastle at the weekend, we have Valencia in the last Champions League group game next Tuesday.

Finally, we host Manchester City at the Bridge the following Monday. Let's use that run of big games to our advantage and take the chance to get our momentum back. With the right results we can put ourselves in a strong position on three fronts between now and the end of December - and we need no more motivation than that.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 12/12/2011, 21:01   9 views