ARSENAL - (29/10/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 12/12/2011, 20:57

OUR ABILITY TO DIG IN SHOWS THE SPIRIT OF THIS SIDE

Whenever we play Arsenal it is a massive occasion and today is no different. There is always an added element to the atmosphere and we have had some brilliant games against them here in the past.

We're coming into this on the back of reaching the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup thanks to a great win at Everton.

I thought we dug in really well to get the win in extra time and, once again, we created a number of chances to score in normal time. The young players who stepped up to play - Josh, Ryan, Oriol and Romelu - were excellent and it shows the strength in depth we have here - just looking at our substitutes for the game proved that.

Big Pete made a great double save as he kept out the penalty and then the rebound and I thought Ross was unlucky to be sent off, but he still did well before that. Also, these are my first notes since the Genk game, so I'd like to take the opportunity to say congratulations to Raul on getting his first Chelsea goal, a great strike in that game.

Today, we must get back to winning ways in the league after a disappointing result at Loftus Road last Sunday. Having said that, we showed great spirit and quality to carve out enough chances to get something from that game. We were the better team in the second half, with nine men, and I'm proud of the squad for the never-say-die attitude we showed.

Now we need to set about putting pressure on the teams above us, starting by winning this afternoon. Arsenal had a tough start, but they have picked up recently and now come into this game on the back of four straight wins. They have a lot of quality at the club, from the manager to right through the squad, and this will be a tough match.

There will be no Premier League fixtures on the weekend of Remembrance Day as it is an international break, so we are dedicating today's game to The Poppy Appeal, which launched on Thursday. We have had shirts with poppies sewn onto the chest specially made for this game and it will be an honour to be led out by members of the army, RAF and navy, as well as Chelsea Pensioners. There will also be collections around the ground, with the funds raised going to The Royal British Legion.

Thanks for your support, home and away, so far this season. You have been brilliant and I can tell you it means so much to all the players to have such passionate backing, game in, game out.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 12/12/2011, 20:57   12 views