Terry retains focus

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 14/11/2011, 20:46

John Terry insists he is in a 'great state of mind' as he prepares to play for England for the first time since facing allegations of racism.

The Chelsea defender, who will return to captain the England side for Tuesday's friendly clash with Sweden after being left out of the win over Spain, spoke for the first time publicly since the allegations surfaced last month.

The Football Association had instructed Terry not to answer questions regarding the police investigation into alleged comments towards QPR's Anton Ferdinand, but he did reveal his gratitude for the support of his team-mates.

Very supportive
Asked about the reaction of his international colleagues to the ongoing investigation, Terry said: "It's been very good, very supportive, publicly and personally, so I'm delighted about that.

"I think as we can see everyone was fully focused on the game ahead the other night and it was a great performance as well.

"I don't want anything to be taken away from what the guys did the other night.

"I think individually and collectively they had a really good performance and obviously the right result, which we all wanted.

We're united
"Some real positives came from the game. Sitting there watching it, and how well the players played defensively and in attack, was incredible.

"I could see how well the players performed, being able to sit there and take in how well the players performed.

"I'm delighted to be leading the team out again. It's the biggest honour of all. I think (Saturday) showed that we're united, no matter what.

"I'm in a great state of mind, completely focused on playing well and training.

"So from that side of things, nothing has changed at all."

Sky Sports

0 replies since 14/11/2011, 20:46   26 views