EVERTON - (15/10/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 20/10/2011, 21:39

DETERMINED TO GET A GOOD START AFTER THE INTERNATIONAL BREAK

We are back from the international break and, from an England point of view, we're delighted to have qualified for the European Championships. Now, after the pride of representing our countries, all of us are fully focused on Chelsea and two home games in the next week.

Before the break, we were playing brilliantly, creating chances and scoring a lot of goals, both at home and away. The football we played against Swansea City, Valencia and Bolton Wanderers was of a really high standard and we were only disappointed that we didn't manage to come away from Valencia with three points instead of the one.

It's important that we get straight back into the swing of things against Everton this evening. We have had a few days together on the training ground since we all returned from national duty and the aim is always the same - to play our football, take the game to them and come away from it with a good win.

With big games elsewhere, like Liverpool v Manchester United earlier today and the Manchester derby next Sunday, it's important we pick up maximum points and look to gain ground on the two teams above us.

This week, I received some devastating news about a young boy called Harry Moseley, who passed away, aged 11, after battling a brain tumour for four years. I met Harry while I was with the national team, when all the England players signed a shirt for his charity, and he was very close to us. He came up with his own wristbands, which he sold to raise more than £500,000 for Cancer Research UK - an unbelievable achievement for anyone, let alone a boy of his age.

He made wristbands for the England players and also for some of the Chelsea players - blue and white ones that he did personally for us. He was an inspiration to me and everyone he met and he will be missed.

I would also like to point out that this game is being dedicated by the club to our national charity partner Help a Capital Child. We will have the logo printed on our shirts today and collections are being made around the ground for you to donate.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 20/10/2011, 21:39   14 views