SWANSEA - (24/09/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 24/9/2011, 22:45

SWANS BOSS WILL HAVE PLAYERS FIRED UP FOR HIS BRIDGE RETURN

I want to begin my notes today by talking about Brendan Rodgers. With him in charge of Swansea, today is going to be tough. He is a great coach, a great man and everyone at this club loves him.

I'm glad to see him doing so well and it will be good to see him again today - he will have his players believing they can get something from this game. I would also like to mention Scott Sinclair, who was on the books here for five seasons and is doing really well with Swansea now.

Welcome back to both of them. Wednesday night against Fulham ended up being a brilliant match. It might have ended 0-0 but I can't remember too many goalless draws where so much has happened during the game.

We played with 10 men for 70 minutes, I thought we dealt with it really well, kept it tight and it is the sign of a great team when everyone is fighting together in those situations. We had to work hard to keep on top of them, the boys did brilliantly from back to front in that respect, and I thought we created enough chances to win it in open play.

Ross made a couple of fantastic saves during the game and pulled off a good stop from one of their penalties as well and we were delighted to go through. It was a great performance by everyone - the younger players and the more experienced ones. We have a lot of confidence in everyone in this squad to step up to the mark when they are called upon.

Now we get back to Premier League business - it's a busy period of the season, where we switch from one competition to another, but that is just the way we like it at Chelsea. We begin every season with the aim of challenging for every trophy that is up for grabs and it is important we return to winning ways in the league now.

There is also something important to mention away from the football today. The club is collecting on behalf of the Swansea Valley Miners Appeal Fund following the recent Gleision Colliery tragedy. On behalf of all the players, I would like to say that our thoughts are with all those affected by those events.

Thanks for your support on Wednesday night and in every game here. We look forward to seeing our brilliant travelling fans in Valencia in midweek when we play our second Champions League group game. Keep getting behind us.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 24/9/2011, 22:45   16 views