FULHAM - (21/09/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 24/9/2011, 22:43

WHAT A GREAT TIE TO START THE DOMESTIC CUPS CAMPAIGN

Reflecting on Sunday's result against Manchester United, I think we all feel we could, and should, have come away with something.

Again, we conceded a goal far too early and, although we did not play that well in the first half, we could actually have gone in 2-1 up. I thought we produced some great football in the second half and were unfortunate not to come away with a point.

Man United are playing well at the moment and things are going their way, but we showed that we are as good as any team in this league. I also want to mention Rami and Nando, who were both very good at Old Trafford at the weekend.

Tonight, we've got Fulham in our first knockout game of the season and, being a local derby, it will add that extra bit to the occasion because they tend to give us a good game when they come here.

It will be good to see a few familiar faces this evening, with two former Chelsea players coming back to the Bridge with Fulham.

Duffer was brilliant here for three years and he played a part in one of the most important periods in the club's history, helping us to become champions back-to-back in 2005 and 2006.

Sidders came in and did well in 2007/08 but had limited chances - he is a top professional and will be in the thick of things tonight if he plays.

I know you will welcome them back tonight because they are both great guys who gave everything during their time here.

It will also be good to see Bobby Zamora, who I played with at Senrab when we were boys. He is a great player, as he proved with his goal against Man City on Sunday.

But today we're focused on getting ourselves through to the fourth round of this competition. With Swansea coming here in the league on Saturday, let's get two wins and build up some momentum before we travel to Valencia for our Champions League group game next week.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 24/9/2011, 22:43   9 views