WEST BROM - (20/08/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 20/8/2011, 21:10

I'm delighted to be back at Stamford Bridge for the first home game of the campaign. There is always a great buzz and a positive feeling around the place at this stage and we want to get a win under our belts today to really give our season a kick-start.

Last Sunday we began with a draw at Stoke and we are determined to get our first win now. Stoke is a tough place to go and it will be difficult for other teams going there throughout the season. In the second half we played some great football and our levels of fitness looked good.

Now we have had another good week working on the training ground and we're raring to go. Obviously this game is a chance for you to welcome the new manager back to the Bridge. Andre has come in and been focused on what he wants to do from day one and it has been great working with him and his team. Some of the players know him from his time here before and seeing him work as manager has been really impressive.

It has been great having Robbie Di Matteo back at the club and I'm sure you will all welcome him today as well. I'd also like to mention Steve Holland, who did a really good job as our reserve-team manager, and has deservedly moved up to become assistant first-team coach.

Pre-season was really positive, we won every game, only conceded one goal and each match we progressed and improved. Some of the lads were on their first pre-season tour and it was great to see them fitting so well with the group. Since then, we have seen a couple of new faces arrive at the club as well and, on behalf of all the players, I want to welcome Romelu Lukaku and Oriol Romeu.

We also want to wish Petr and Michael Essien a speedy recovery. Get well soon boys, because we can't wait to have you training and playing alongside us again.

We are determined to win trophies this season - that is our aim every year. If anything, finishing the last campaign without any titles has made us more hungry to do so this time around. With the squad we have here, there is no limit to our ambition - but we never look past the game in front of us.

Today that is West Brom, a good side who gave Manchester United a difficult match last week and will come here to play football. We know what we need to do and it is up to us to play our game and win well.

Thanks to all of you who travelled to support us at Stoke last week, at Rangers before that and throughout pre-season. We are lucky to have fans who follow us everywhere, literally over land and sea, and we are grateful to all of you. Let's get a win here this evening, and start an early season run.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 20/8/2011, 21:10   26 views