NEWCASTLE - (15/05/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 15/5/2011, 18:54

Terry O'Holic

Group:

LET'S FINISH THIS SEASON BY PICKING UP ALL THE REMAINING POINTS

It's the last home game of the season today and one we are determined to win because we will be giving everything here and at Everton next week to secure second place. After last week's disappointment, we want to win our remaining games and make sure we finish the season in as strong a position as possible.

Last week's result at Old Trafford hurt us all, but what gives me great belief for next year is the form and commitment we showed in the lead-up to that game to get ourselves back to where we are in the league.

The run we went on showed the determination and passion we have in this squad but, in the end, we gave ourselves a lot to do when we had a poor run of form earlier in the season.

On behalf of all my team-mates, I would like to say a huge thank you, once again, to all you supporters and to wish you and your families a great summer. You have been magnificent this season, home and away.

I did a live phone-in for Chelsea TV on Wednesday and it was great to speak to those of you who called in. The players would like to give our thanks to all the staff as well, both at Stamford Bridge and at the training ground. Thanks for your support throughout the season - everyone involved at this club does a great job and we all really appreciate it.

I'd also like to mention Jason Griffin and the ground staff because this season the pitch has been the best I've seen since playing here.

The previous home game, against Spurs, was my 500th for Chelsea and I can't tell you how proud it makes armband out onto the pitch for game number 500 was just a dream when I was in the youth team here and now it has become a reality. But I want to reach many more milestones with this club, to keep on leading the team out and lift more and more silverware.

We will be walking around the pitch for a lap of appreciation after today's game and it'll be great to say a proper thanks to you all.

Come on the Chels!

Web  Top
0 replies since 15/5/2011, 18:54   25 views