TOTTENHAM - (30/04/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 2/5/2011, 16:44

Terry O'Holic

Group:

WE SET A TARGET OF WINNING THESE HOME GAMES - SO LET'S DO IT

Today is a massive London derby for both players and fans. With us playing the day before Arsenal and Manchester United, it gives us the chance to move within three points of Man United before their big game.

And, if anyone can beat them, Arsenal can do so tomorrow.

We can only do our bit and keep picking up points, which so far we've done. We have been on a great run of form, picked up the right results at the right time and managed to cut the gap. A win for us today could yet put a swing in this title race.

Last weekend's game against West Ham was a typical, hard-fought derby. There was a lot of attacking football and the desire of everyone on the pitch was there for all to see from the first minute to the last.

Congratulations to Nando on getting his first Chelsea goal - I'm sure there will be many more to come. It was a great relief for him and the reaction from the fans and the players said it all.

There was the type of atmosphere I haven't seen for a long time and it's great for him to know he's got the support of everyone.

I want to mention Didi as well, who has been brilliant these last few weeks, while Flo's got his shooting boots back on at just the right time.

Sala has come in and given us something different when we need it and Nico, as ever, is a real danger to teams with his movement and passing.

Whoever plays is stepping up to the mark at the moment and, for us to have a chance, we need those big guys always ready, which they have been.

We have an all round togetherness and fighting spirit here that is second to none - and I'm talking about the players, the coaches, the staff and the supporters, who have always been behind us. That will always set this club apart and, along with the quality we have in this squad, that is why we will continue to compete right until the end of the season.

I went to play golf with Paul Clement at Cuddington two weeks ago and there was a man in the clubhouse called Steve Goodfellow who had motor neurone disease.

His illness meant that he was only able to communicate through a computer that he operated with his eyes, but he wanted to say something to me. The message came up on the screen, saying: "There's only one Chelsea and England captain."

That was an unbelievably emotional moment, it really moved me and touched my heart. I have since heard that Steve has passed away and I want to offer my sincerest condolences to his friends and family.

He used to come to every game at Stamford Bridge in the West Stand and meeting him showed me once again how much this club means to people. It was so special to see what he had said and those moments spur me on as a player to want to win everything we can for our supporters.

Before the Birmingham match 10 days ago, we looked at this run of three home games and said: "Let's win them all." This evening, we've got the chance to make sure we achieve that.

Come on the Chels!

Web  Top
0 replies since 2/5/2011, 16:44   20 views