BIRMINGHAM CITY - (20/04/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 20/4/2011, 21:30

WE HAVE THE QUALITY TO PUSH THIS TITLE RIGHT TO THE END

On Saturday we had a good win. Going out of the Champions League really hurt us, and it was even more disappointing having equalised and then conceding 24 seconds later.

But we put in a good performance at the weekend and got a good result as well against West Brom. They have shown fight since Roy Hodgson took over and have looked a different team. However, after conceding early, we dominated the game, played some good football with great movement and it could have been a lot more than 3-1 in the end. That was the exact reaction we were after.

Going into tonight's match we are actually top of the form table in the Premier League for the last six results. If we are to have any chance of winning the league we must make sure we stay at the top of the form league to put pressure on Arsenal and Manchester United.

There are still points to be gained and dropped before the end of the season and so many teams have something to play for, so there is no guaranteed outcome from any fixture.

Manchester United played last night at Newcastle after these notes went to print and Arsenal are away to Spurs tonight. We have to make sure we win to capitalise on any slip-ups by other teams. Who knows what might happen over the last six matches?

It's important that we keep fighting until the end of the season to make sure we finish with as many points as possible. We owe it to ourselves and to you, the supporters, to give nothing less than 100 per cent - the minimum aim for us, at this stage, is third place.

Birmingham are one of those teams that need to get results to reach safety and they are always a difficult side to break down, which they proved at their place in the reverse fixture.

We know we're going to have to work hard to get a win here and it's vital we achieve that goal.

I want to wish the best of luck to the youth team, who are playing the second leg of the FA Youth Cup semi-final against Man United tonight at Old Trafford.

I also want to congratulate Ashley, who was voted left-back in the PFA Team of the Year on Sunday. He has been excellent since he joined us five years ago - the best left-back I have played with and the best in the world. He's my partner on the golf course as well, where we are undefeated. Just ask Ross and Clem!

hanks to everyone who came up to Old Trafford last week and to the Hawthorns on Saturday. We love seeing the brilliant travelling support that Chelsea can rely on wherever we play, as well as here at the Bridge.

You have been unbelievable once again this season, both home and away, and we've got two more massive games coming up, with two straight London derbies here after tonight's game. Let's go and win them all.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFC

0 replies since 20/4/2011, 21:30   17 views