MAN CITY - (20/3/2011) - JT

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 20/3/2011, 17:47

IMPORTANT WE GET RIGHT RESULT AHEAD OF INTERNATIONAL BREAK

These games against the teams around us are so important. With Manchester City two points ahead of us, we could go ahead of them into third with a game in hand if we win here today.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham all played yesterday so this is the last Premier League match this weekend and we can have a say in how the table looks going into the international break.

Wednesday wasn't the best game we've played but we did the job, dominated possession and gotthrough to the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

We've drawn Manchester United in the next round over two legs and we're looking forward to it, but we also know that every team at this stage of the Champions League is going to be tough. Before those matches we've got a job to do in the Premier League, though, where there's a lot to play for.

I want to mention both Bryan Robson and Eric Abidal who have both had operations to remove tumors. My best wishes for a quick recovery to both of them. Robson is an absolute legend to football supporters in this country - a great player who was an inspiration to me and my generation.

Abidal has always been a formidable opponent when I've played against him and for him to be going through what he is at his age must be really difficult. On behalf of all the players and staff here, our thoughts are with you both.

This is the last time we will play a league fixture here for nearly three weeks so we must be up for what is a big game today. We all want to get the right result to sign off for international duty on a high note and we'll see you back here again in April.

Come on the Chels!

ChelseaFc

0 replies since 20/3/2011, 17:47   24 views