Here come the girls! Christine Bleakley and Toni Poole fly to South Africa to support their men

« Older   Newer »
Carla_MrsTerry
view post Posted on 25/6/2010, 22:23

Christine Bleakley and Toni Poole couldn't have looked more excited as they flew out to South Africa today.

The pair had huge grins on their faces as they left London to fly to Cape Town to support their respective partners Frank Lampard and John Terry ahead of England's World Cup match against Germany on Sunday.

The game is vitally important for the England team, who will have to win in order to remain in the World Cup.

But it seems Bleakley and Poole are more excited than nervous about the game - judging by the expressions on their faces as they prepared to board their flights

Bleakley had previously said she wouldn't be going to South Africa, but it seems she has changed her mind now England have reached the knockout stages of the tournament.

She said recently: 'I'm not going to South Africa, sadly. So of course I'll miss Frank, but he's got a job to do.

'I'll be watching all the matches and supporting him from home though.'

The broad smile on the 31-year-old's face today could also be down to her new job, after she finally decided to leave the BBC and join former One Show co-host Adrian Chiles at ITV.

She said: 'I am looking forward to a brand new experience at ITV albeit with an old friend. I have had the most wonderful three years at the BBC and The One Show.

'It has consumed my life in that time and I would not have had it any other way.'

Meanwhile, Poole left for South Africa with twins Georgie John and Summer Rose and she is not the only WAG to have made the difficult decision to take her children to South Africa.

Carly Cole is currently in Sun City with husband Joe and their three-month daughter Ruby, making the most of her time in the warm weather ahead of the match.

But Coleen Rooney has decided to stay in England, after deeming the twelve-hour flight too much of an ordeal for her seven-month-old son Kai.

She has, however, said she will fly out to South Africa if England reach the semi-finals, but is enjoying the prospect of staying in the UK for the majority of the tournament.

She said: 'I'm looking forward to being in England for the World Cup this year, it's going to be an amazing atmosphere.

'I love the idea of being with all of mine and Wayne's friends and family cheering him on, especially with Kai here.'

Alex Curran, wife of Steven Gerrard, has also made the decision to stay in England until England reach the semis.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...l#ixzz0ru0MO8X6

laura-8
view post Posted on 17/2/2011, 22:23

Glad Toni went.. not a fan of bleakley what so ever

Julia Milano
view post Posted on 25/7/2011, 19:08

Toni looked really beautyful on the pictures I saw.

2 replies since 25/6/2010, 22:23   134 views