JT's Superstitions

« Older   Newer »
Carla_MrsTerry
view post Posted on 25/2/2009, 15:09

John Terry has said he has around 50 pre-match superstitions, including wearing the same lucky shin-pads for over a decade. But he lost them before a Champions League game in Barcelona in 2004 – and Chelsea lost the game. “Those shin-pads had got me to where I was in the game,” Terry said at the time. “I was thinking, f***ing hell, I’ve had those shin-pads for so long and now this is it, all over.”

Terry had the opportunity to wear Chelsea’s number 5 shirt in 2003 but preferred to stick with the number 26. I do have loads of rituals before every game,” he said in 2004. “Stupid things like always rotating tape round my shin-pads three times and never going to the two toilets on the left of the dressing room. I also don't have anything to drink - not even a cup of tea - once I wake up on the morning of a game. And I always count the number of lamp-posts on the journey between home and Stamford Bridge. I know they are all ridiculous things and I don't know why I do them - other than it is something I have always done and always will.”

John Terry has said that he feels compelled to park in the same spot in Chelsea’s car park and always takes the same seat on the team bus.

theflanintheface
view post Posted on 2/3/2009, 00:11

Ohhh I didn't know he was that superstitious!!
they are not stupid!! I have lots before a match, too! not that I play an important role, though

MrsLaurenKranjcar.x.
view post Posted on 2/3/2009, 18:05

i no this sound really stupid but when i watch portsmouth play at fratton park and we're winning (not very often i no) but when the ball gets close to the goal and i think the other team are gunna score i allways look away to the other endd. haha its stupid

man102
view post Posted on 4/3/2009, 12:13

all is useful when it can comfort him...

Damien123
view post Posted on 4/3/2009, 12:33

i head that he plays the same cd in his car sometimes aswell

Damien123
view post Posted on 9/3/2009, 22:58

bless him

°o.pia Lampard.o°
view post Posted on 13/3/2009, 21:28

QUOTE (man102 @ 4/3/2009, 12:13)
all is useful when it can comfort him...

I think if you like

missfootie
view post Posted on 13/3/2009, 22:08

yea alot of sports people have superstitions before they play, it's quite common! before matches i have a few, like putting a left sock on before the right ... it sounds pretty weird but it actually works lol i remember Andy Murray in wimbledon always insisting on using the same tennis ball whenever he hit a successful shot .. it's all psychological

Carla_MrsTerry
view post Posted on 13/3/2009, 22:30

I think it probably eases the mind, it gives you something else to think about

view post Posted on 13/3/2009, 22:55

Terry O'Holic

Group:

i read another one some where aswell

he wont touch a ball in any changing rooms - if a ball comes to him he will either jump over it or move out of the way

Web  Top
Carla_MrsTerry
view post Posted on 14/3/2009, 17:19

I also read that he wont touch the captains armband, he gets someone to put it on him lmao

view post Posted on 14/3/2009, 22:20

Terry O'Holic

Group:

yh bless him! but look how great he plays so most of them must work :D

Web  Top
missfootie
view post Posted on 18/3/2009, 15:57

QUOTE (Carla_MrsTerry @ 14/3/2009, 17:19)
I also read that he wont touch the captains armband, he gets someone to put it on him lmao

lol yea i think he said he gets the physio to put the armband on him!

Teb
view post Posted on 22/3/2009, 04:34

interesting ;)

30 replies since 25/2/2009, 15:09   423 views