Blues Banter

« Older   Newer »
Carla_MrsTerry
view post Posted on 24/2/2009, 18:58

Sourced from the Chelsea FC home matchday programme: Chelsea FC v Valencia: 11.12.2007

>>A GOOD CAUSE I went to see all the injured troops the other day at the recovery centre in Leatherhead. It was a real eye-opener actually because there were guys there who'd had arms and legs blown off and just sitting there and talking to them makes you think. I'm really honoured to get involved with that kind of thing and I invited them all down the training ground next week.

>>A STARK REALITY Again, from my visit to Leatherhead - it was something that really touched me and sometimes it's overlooked by the whole country what they are doing. They were saying how lucky they were to be here at all because they had mates who'd lost their eyesight or died. So for them to go out and fight for their country and then return home without an arm or a leg but carry on is incredible.

>>FIRST GOAL I think it was against Gillingham in 2000. Franco took a corner to the near post when we were 1-0 up and I made a run and headed it between the goalkeeper's legs. It was in the FA Cup and we went on to win 5-0.

>>I PLAYED WITH HIM Franco stands out a million miles for me, ahead of anyone. Some of the things he did on the pitch were just unbelievable but the main thing about him was that, even though he was coming to the end of his career at Chelsea, he was in the gym doing strength work, staying late to look after himself and eating the right things. He always came out early for training, even when it was raining, to have 10 minutes mucking about with the youth-team players. It was nice for the young kids and it's something that I try and do with the current lads. He was also a great guy with it.

>>FIRST CAR A blue Citroen Saxo - I absolutely terrorised it! Even now my family still talk about that car, it was a 1.4 and I was lucky enough to sign a contract at 17 so I afford to get it. I had it for four years and then it just conked out of me.

>>A COACH Bob Orsborn, who was my Under-14s manager and a big reason why I signed for Chelsea. I went in to training and just loved it because youth football was all very coached at that time but Ossie just said go out there and show me what you can do. Sometimes too many people try to coach kids at an early age, whereas Ossie knew there was a time to start doing that and a time when you just needed to enjoy football.

>>FIRST TROPHY The Carling Cup under Mourinho. It meant a lot to us - we put a full strength team out throughout the year and went on to win it. It was really important as a group to win it so early in the season to give us a taste for it.

>>A REASON TO BE PROUD My kids, without a doubt. I've got twins, Georgie and Summer, and I just love spending time with them - I'm so proud of my two beautiful kids.

>>I COULD HAVE BEEN A CONTENDER I loved playing snooker my uncle used to take me and my dad every Sunday and I was quite good at the time. I was entering competitions against men and got really into it for a couple of years. At a young age I was knocking in some decent breaks and I still like to play now - it's nice and relaxing. It was good spending time with my dad as well, I think it brought us close.

>>ASSIST OF THE MONTH Sidders for Sala at Derby. It was a move that started from Carlo, out to Bella, into midfield from John boy to Lamps, one touch into Sidders and a great ball from him for Sala to score.

>>MUG OF THE MONTH Dave Hanthingy, the physio. He's just had three days off ill, so he went to the hospital and they diagnosed him with a stomach bug! But he got a sticker and a pat on the back for being so brave.

Damien123
view post Posted on 9/3/2009, 23:00

haha thats funny he's sweet

sofee
view post Posted on 21/4/2009, 12:22

thats soo good :)

jade15
view post Posted on 12/5/2009, 10:21

haha LOL! :D

GillGill
view post Posted on 17/6/2010, 20:42

Ah its so sweet the way he talks about the twins :wub: