Hazard firing for Chelsea

« Older   Newer »
x_Carla_x
view post Posted on 3/9/2012, 20:28

Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard has made a blistering start to his Premier League career but admits there is work to do to maintain his form.

The 21-year-old Belgian international has been Chelsea's standout player in their 100 per cent start to the season.

So far he has proven to be worth the £32million the Blues paid French side Lille to bring him to Stamford Bridge.

Hazard said: "It's no surprise for me really that I've settled in so well because when you play with better players, it's easier to adapt.

Capable
"It won't be easy to keep up that level in every game, I know that, but I always knew what I was capable of."

Chelsea have faltered in Europe going down 4-1 against Atletico Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup but Hazard insists the defeat could prove positive.

He added: "Perhaps the change of environment will do us good and we will all come back stronger. We just need to forget about it and move on.

"From a personal standpoint, it certainly won't get me down. I'm a pretty natural guy and just take one game at a time. I'm already looking ahead to the next adventure."

Hazard will now join up with the Belgium national team as they kick off their Word Cup qualifying campaign against Wales on Friday night.

Belgium have not qualified for a major tournament in a decade but with players like Thomas Vermaelen, Vincent Kompany, Marouane Fellaini, Hazard is confident they can progress.

"With the squad we have now, we should be able to do something. In a way it's now or never for Belgium," he said.

"We have a great generation but we have to do it on the pitch."

Sky Sports

0 replies since 3/9/2012, 20:28   9 views